Quit your thinking cap!

The 5th of January would make my second full month of working in my current job. I particularly love the job because I learn something new every day. One of the thing I am currently learning is to quit 'thinking'. My boss is such that hates to hear the word, 'think'. For instance, should a customer call about a problem I am to fix, and perhaps I am unable to fix it and then ask for his help on it. He'd then begin to ask questions about the issue. What he hates to hear me say when answering him is, "I think..." He wants to hear things like, "I believe", "I am sure", "I have checked", "I know", and so on. His favourite reply when you respond with an "I think" is, "Don't think mate..." So, in the last two months, I have in particular being learning to stop thinking but knowing.

Many of us walk through life with the "I think" philosophy. We presume, assume everything. We hardly ever seek to get to the root of the matter when faced with issues. We just like to scratch things on the surface and seeking a very quick fix or easy way out. I have come to discover those who actually learn are not those who 'think' or live on assumptions but those who are passionate to know! Those who would do everything to go after knowledge.

I have made it a resolve to quit my 'thinking' cap. I want to start using my 'knowledge' cap. I want to always get my facts right before asking for help. I want to make sure when I am asked, "how can I help you?" I know what I want and why I want it. I want to quit seeking the microwave and fast-foods fix. I want to go hard after knowledge. I want to think less and know more. I want to believe more and assume less. I want to always get my facts right before asking anyone for help. This is my resolve for the new year; what's yours?

This is to thank you all for your support in 2012. I look forward to learning from you in 2013. God bless you mightily. I wish you a very happy new year 2013. 

Photo from here

This entry was posted on 27 December 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

18 Responses to “Quit your thinking cap!”

  1. Word,makes sense. Compliments of the season.
    Erm mine is still under construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am awaiting yours o, oga mi. God bless you sir. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. i strongly agree with your boss!

    if i may ask what template is this you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. I believe I've answered the template question on twitter :)

      Delete
  3. Believe instead of assume. Know instead of think. Nicee!

    Thanks for bringing all these this 2012!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Tomi, for always encouraging me. You're a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Great lesson in confidence and assertiveness. They are valuable assest to have if not abused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir me sir, I love this post. Here's to a new year with less thinking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma. New year with less thinking indeed... haha

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, LDP.

    Usually, that 'think' thing just exposes a lot of lapses. It says we are more afraid of the problem than we're prepared to solve it. it lets off that we're prepared to just dump it on the next guy.

    Keyword, as you've rightly stated, is to apply ourselves before crying for help.

    Thanx for this. Have an inspired 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it right Imisi. Thanks bro. Wishing you the same...

      Delete
  7. QOTD:I have made it a resolve to quit my 'thinking' cap. I want to start using my 'knowledge' cap

    God bless you mightly too, I wish u an amazing 2013

    I read a comment on someone's post that u may be leaving blogsville...pls don't oooooo. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D1, its just been very busy for me these days ni jare.
      Hoping I would not have to. Thank you for encouraging me.
      I appreciate you.
      Happy New Year, Sis.

      Delete
  8. Interesting. Definitely worth keeping in mind for 2013.

    Happy New Year, LDP. May 2013 be even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RB. Happy New Year to you too Funmi. God bless you.

      Delete

© Samuel Ekundayo | Le Dynamique Professeur 2012. Powered by Blogger.