Do you believe in me?

At the early hours of the morning today, I just felt my heart asked me this great question, "Do you believe in me?" I wonder in my heart immediately, how many hearts are asking the same questions that very minute; either asking themselves or asking their loved ones. Perhaps not verbally but deep down within. How many times have you looked in the eye of your spouse and have these words unspoken yet yelling loudly as though it would jump off your chest - "honey, do you believe in me?" How many times have you engaged yourself in the bathroom early in the morning, probing yourself deep within, "Samuel [put your name here], do you believe in me?"

Hardly can anything be done without believing in its possibility. In fact, whatever you do not believe in would remain undone by you. The reason why only one man comes out with an invention out of 6billion people on the planet is because the man would not give up until he sees what he believes come to life. I once heard the story of Mr Charles Goodyear - Goodyear Tyres [heard of that name before?]. Charles never started a company named Goodyear tyres neither did he know anything about a company with such nomenclature. However, Charles was a man who believed heating natural rubber and sulfur would create vulcanized rubber. The process which was later refined to become the vulcanizing process. Quoting a source...
 
"Goodyear was sure that he had the key to the intricate puzzle that he had worked over for so many years, he began at once to tell his friends about it and to try to secure capital, but they had listened so many times that his efforts were futile. For a number of years he struggled and experimented and worked along in a small way, his family suffering with himself the pangs of the extremest poverty. At last he went to New York and showed some of his samples to William Ryder, who, with his brother Emory, at once appreciated the value of the discovery and started manufacture."

Later Charles Goodyear began his own small factory where he was perfected his discovery and had to patent it in 1844. His discovery has led to the tyres on our roads today.

So what am I driving at? Until you believe in yourself, it'd be difficult to convince any other person to believe in you. Hello!!! Believe in yourself and even if others don't believe in you, it would be difficult to derail you or get you off track. As you know I love physics. Newton's first law of motion states, "every body remains in a state of rest unless acted upon by a force". Now, if your dream is the BODY at rest, your 'believe' or 'faith' is the FORCE that needs to act on it or else it would remain at that level zero! In other words, until you believe in your dreams and your capacity to birth forth the dream, it would forever remain a dream.

Beloved, it is high time you believed in yourself and your ability to birth forth your dream. If there is anything you can only do yourself, its your believing. No one can do that for you. Martin Luther King said, "Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying." Indeed, you would be encouraged if people believe in you and your dreams but you first have to do the believing. It is pointless if people believe in you and you practically lack faith in yourself. You will remain at that state of rest until you believe in yourself! It's that easy! Even the bible that I love so much said, "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." Believe and you'd be amazed at what you can achieve. Be all you can, BELIEVE all the way! 

- Le Dynamique Professeur

This entry was posted on 18 May 2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

39 Responses to “Do you believe in me?”

  1. I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I SURE BELIEVE. Thanks for this awesome reminder. Woow..."Newton's first law of motion states, "every body remains in a state of rest unless acted upon by a force". Now, if your dream is the BODY at rest, your 'believe' or 'faith' is the FORCE that needs to act on it or else it would remain at that level zero! In other words, until you believe in your dreams and your capacity to birth forth the dream, it would forever remain a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that ML King quote. LDP, thanx for reminding us that the question is for us FIRST. Just like the popular Dettol ad: if I don't believe in me, who will?

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Hmmm... I agree with you. Thats why we need reminders like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4.  ...Nice! A concept as old as time, yet it would surprise you how the majority have still never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ma. I am not transitioning the blog but in a hunt for a very simple 2column white template and I must say, this is only close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6.  U r welcome Ginger. Please do, cos you are special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Great post. BTW, are you transitioning the blog? Almost didn't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Prof.

    Now I need to go write a bullet list of what abilities I have so I know what makes me special...

    ReplyDelete
  9.  Elizabeth, I believe you... "Believing in our selves AND working it out is most of what it takes to breakthrough." God said to the disciples, "oh ye of little faith (believe)". No wonder they could not cast out that demon...

    Thanks Sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ma, I concur with you ma. The only thing that works is what we believe! Yes, ma! 

    ReplyDelete
  11.  Thanks for the encouraging words.. Yes, you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  12.  "'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."
    Great post. Believing in our selves AND working it out is most of what it takes to breakthrough.

    Thanks for sharing, God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying."So true. People are attracted to what works. what works is what is real - what we believe. If what we put out is fake, it would never work. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always! you deliver!!!! I need to start believing in my dream...

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual! You always deliver!!!! I need to start believing in me

    ReplyDelete
  16.  I'm inspired Sir. Thanks 4 this post... 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, it may hurt when u believe and the dream fails but I believe it hurts even more when the dream could have succeeded and you refuse to believe and at the end of the day live in regret...

    Thanks Kafo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18.  Absolutely... may God continue to give us the grace to stop doubting ourselves and what we can do...
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19.  You are so right! how can we xpect others to believe in our abilities when we are filled with self-doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmmmm
    i didn't know this about goodyear

    i need to believe more
    it is just that it hurts when you believe and dream and then it fails

    but u are right on the money

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you sir. You are always an encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  22.  Hmmm... Push on Dee. You can do it. Once God is on your side, no one can stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you found it useful, Sis. God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24.  Wonderful post I must confess... Like I told u sir: I marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  25.  "so what am I driving at?" no pun intended? :)

    thanks for the post. it did come in the right season, for some reason, d same thing i have been telling ppl i want to do for yrs is now coming under a lot of criticisms just cos it is now here. but I believe in God who has given me this dream and aspirations and in myself that yes, I can! Thanks LDP

    ReplyDelete
  26. so inspiring, as usual,
    i really needed this
    i have been asking myself this question a lot lately, believe, soar, do something

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes o, Ore. The momentum of our lives is assured if we don't stop believing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is surely a driving force...inspirational my brother....

    ReplyDelete

© Samuel Ekundayo | Le Dynamique Professeur 2012. Powered by Blogger.