It's a circle... it'd always come back

Picture this...

You are on a ladder
Someone is on top of you
He is about to fall and needs your help
You helped by holding his weak legs
He's regained his strength 
He is happy and you are happy

You are on a ladder
Someone is on top of you 
He needs your help as he's about to fall
You refused to help him, so he fell
You got to the top and now you need help
The person below you saw what you did
He decides to pull you down...

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed" - Napoleon Hill
"The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed." - Ray Kroc
"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love" - Mother Teresa
"In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us" - Flora Edwards 

I had the opportunity of meeting a young man today in my office. My supervisor introduced him to me. The young Chinese man needed help with his English language in making an application to the ethics committee. Knowing I am a PhD student, he believed I would be able to help him with his grammar. He was so willing to pay. The truth is, I need money too. As I began to discuss with him, even though I am sure he could afford any amount I charge him on proofreading his documents, I told him not to worry that I'd do it for free. On his way out of my office, I saw the joy all over him as he beamed with endless smiles. I was moved to write this post.

I have recently come to discover that while it may cost to love, it costs much more to hate. Love is sweet, hate is dreadful. When you hate someone, you don't have peace within yourself. When you are in the position to help someone and you refused not to, in the end, you are doing yourself harm because your mind would not be at peace. It is actually in helping others that we have peace. The world would become a better place if everyone lends a caring hand. The truth, like John C. Maxwell said, "people do not care how much you know until they know how much you care". When you care for someone, you are actually doing yourself a lot of good because you'd leave the person a happier person than you met them.

I love the words of Maya Angelou when she said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. There is only one way to make people feel good, it's by showing you care. It's by loving them. In your office, at school, within your neighbourhood, stop hating on people. Start giving a caring hand. Hating on people won't do you any good; it'd likely you to slow you down on your own journey. Remember, a helping hand is a circle... It'd always come back to you.

- Le Dynamique Professeur

This entry was posted on 31 October 2010. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

23 Responses to “It's a circle... it'd always come back”

  1. Such a great point to note and remember at this point of the year. I like it all through sir.I was blessed.hmmmh..."When you are in the position to help someone and you refused not to, in the end, you are doing yourself harm because your mind would not be at peace. It is actually in helping others that we have peace-LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIRST!!!
    Thank you for the expo.

    Great post and thank you for helping the young man. This is very personal. I have almost the exact same story, but with a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " a helping hand is a circle,it will always come back to you"...very true. That is somethin that will be in the back of my mind! nicely written!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true, the hand that gives remains on top, the hand that only seeks to take, would always remain below

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all comes right back to you.. I get so scared about this. This is one of the 'truest' values of life and nothing can stop it..
    I am glad you had this as your post. (2cute4u)

    ReplyDelete
  6. " a helping hand is a circle,it will always come back to you"...this post is so true

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. Cast your bread upon many waters...there's a reward at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree its scary but like you said, its one of the truest values of life...
    May God help us o my barrister. How u dey?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ma. May we not be found wanting wherever we are placed to be a helping hand to another...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great thanks for sharing it!....Its not always only the things you do but also the things you share shows that you care as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Accurate and aptly timed, LDP. Just yesterday, I had to negotiate a deal for a new student I was to take on. As I met the guy for the first time, I could tell my heart went out to him. In spite of how ruthless I can be with negotiations, I was practically flaccid when the time came. It felt more like a mission than a job.

    Truly, making others feel worth something is a ton better than trying to own the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "people do not care how much you know until they know how much you care",,,I heard this quote the other day and it stood out for me...ur right! Showing love goes along way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just spoke with my Uncle recently and he is on this term with a friend. But with this post, I gave him a thoughtful response. With hate, you'll always be in conflict internally. Thanks for the advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when what one does or is doing is like a mission...
    That has to stem out of the bowels of love for sure...
    Thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ble Ble... indeed o, love goes a long way.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. I love that: "With hate, you'll always be in conflict internally".
    Thanks Juanita.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The 'sayings' are soooo thought provoking....soooo true....we have to help each other....the PULL HIM DOWN & not wanting ANYBODY TO GET TO THE SAME POSITION AS YOU or TO GET TO THE TOP AT ALL MEANS syndromes is sooo prevalent in our society which pains me a lot.

    p.s...why don't i get feedbacks ....is there something am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pray God helps our society from such syndromes o cos seriously, I think it is a waste of time and life doing all to pull another person down. Thank you ma.

    PS: I think you have to first of all register with disqus to get the subscriptions. Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete

© Samuel Ekundayo | Le Dynamique Professeur 2012. Powered by Blogger.